Buckwheat Hull

Home

Buckwheat Hulls

Buckwheat Hulls in 2lb bag

Buckwheat Hulls

Domestically Grown, Pillow Ready
Available in 2 lb, 10 lb or 18 lb sizes

Buckwheat Seeds (also called Kernels)

Buckwheat Seeds or Kernels

Whole Buckwheat Seeds

as seen on Martha Stewart Living
Available in 2 lb or 10 lb sizes

Welcome to Cary, North Carolina, the new home of BuckwheatHull.com!  We are now a proud part of Life Experiences

Life Experiences, Inc. is a non-profit organization that operates a variety of small businesses for adults with developmental disabilities. Through education, training, and the free enterprise system, Life Experiences offers fulfilling employment for these individuals, allowing them to function as independent, productive citizens of our community. At the same time, valuable services and products are also provided.

The newest enterprise to operate under Life Experiences is BuckwheatHull.com, an online business specializing in hypo-allergenic Buckwheat hulls and Buckwheat seeds for use in products such as pillows, cushions, and heating pads.

Jackie Holcombe, Founder Buckwheathull.com

Jackie Holcombe, Founder

The idea was the brainchild of Morrisville, North Carolina (former) Mayor Jackie Holcombe, who founded BuckwheatHull.com to create an employment opportunity for her daughter, Lindsay, born with Down Syndrome. Jackie’s hope from the start was to build an organization to help her daughter and other special-needs individuals to lead fulfilling, productive lives. Jackie’s efforts, along with Lindsay’s excellent work habits and a feature on the Martha Stewart Show combined to result in great success for BuckwheatHull.com. Now as a component of the Life Experiences family of businesses, many more developmentally disabled individuals will benefit from this unique enterprise.

• Donna Fairchild says:

I understand the comments about the shipping costs. It is the reason I found this company. I just sent in my first order. I am on the east coast and was able to select USPS two day service to save on shipping cost. I hope all goes well. I thought I could buy locally but could not.

thanks Donna

• Alfrida Gilbert says:

I finally got my order to go through. I plan on making pillows for my revamped bed. I am looking forward to getting my order.

Approximately how long does it take your product to be delivered?
    agilbert58@comcast.net

• Buckwheat1 says:

Good morning,
      Thank you for ordering! I will email you the tracking information as soon as your shipping label is printed. I have used my buckwheat hull pillow for over 6 years and can’t sleep without one.
      Lynn

• Marissa Patti says:

I was just checking out and the site crashed. PayPal says my payment was received. Is my order all set? Thanks, M

• Buckwheat1 says:

We received your order. It will ship on Monday. Thank you for using our product.
      Lynn

• Ame Ho says:

Hi, may I know the shipping price to singapore(10lbs)
    Email heeho2@gmail.com
    Thank u!!

• Buckwheat1 says:

Good morning. In order to calculate shipping to Singapore I need a full shipping address and the amount you would like to order.
      Thank you!
      Lynn

• jr says:

Hi BWH,

Would you please say something about the air-vacuuming and gravity-cleaning process you use for your hulls?
    I’m curious because I heard somewhere a recommendation to buy hulls that are roasted to ensure optimal cleanliness. But, I will add that I received my 18lb sack of hulls and the quality seems just fine, quite clean!

• Buckwheat1 says:

Hello! Our hulls are cleaned by a method which involves heat and spinning. They are tumbled in a cleaning unit similar to a large, industrial dryer. As the hulls are spun and heated any extra fiber is pulled away. The grower who supplies us with the products has indicated that this cleaning process for the hulls is done in three stages to ensure the highest quality. Thanks for the inquiry!